- 5 lb.Bag of High Temperature Cheddar Cheese - This is recommended amount for 50 lbs. of meat - Use the same High Temperature Cheese that the commercial meat processors use. Manufactured by Ornua Ingredients North America in Hilbert, WI - The Cheese State
- Cheese orders received before Noon (CST) Mon. thru Sat. will ship the same day by USPS Priority Mail - normal shipping time of 2 -3 days. If your order is for 3 or more 5 lb. bags then your order will be shipped in 2 separate boxes.PLEASE watch your mail delivery then and place your cheese in your refrigerator upon arrival. Cheese may be at room temperature when it arrives, but its condition will be fine if refrigerated upon arrival.
- Hi Temp Cheese will last up to 2 to 3 months in your refrigerator or up to 6 months frozen. (NOTE: If you freeze the cheese do not thaw and then re-freeze again. If frozen, allow to defrost 24 hours in refrigerator before using). The cheese is made specifically to withstand high smoking and cooking temperatures (up to 400 degrees F) without melting; keeping its original 1/4 inch cubed shape after stuffing, smoking and cooking.
- We ship Our High Temperature Cheese in a 3 ml thick vacuum bag. We then package this bag inside a Ecofoil Thermal Bubble Mailer with a 6 oz. Polar Tech Ice-Brix for freshness - Refrigerate upon receipt. The thermal bags are then shipped to you in a USPS Priority Mail Box. (The ice pack(s) WILL be melted when delivered. This is expected.)
- The recommended ratio of High Temperature Cheese to Sausage Meat is 1 lb. of High Temperature Cheese for Every 10 lbs. of Meat - So each of our 5 lb. Bags of High Temperature Cheese should be mixed with 5 lbs. of meat after your FINAL grind.
The ¼ inch size dice is a perfect size for all types of sausages and snack sticks. High Temperature cheese allow you to put cheese in your meat products and the cheese will maintain is shape, and will not melt like ordinary cheese when cooking. High Temperature cheese maintains its shape (approximately ¼ inch cubes) and allows you to have chunks of cheese in your final product. This cheese is made specifically to withstand high smoking and cooking temperatures without melting; keeping its original cubed shape after stuffing, smoking and cooking. Already diced and neatly packaged for easy use. Gluten Free. Contains: Milk